17 June 2011

Last night in vancouver

Last night in Vancouver, I went off on my own for a few hours to meet up with a friend. It's nice to spend some time away from mum, and to be with someone my own age, with whom I can be a different self, laugh and joke about the mundane or 'inappropriate' things I can't with my mum. 

 I've known him for two years or so, and we only get to meet whenever I'm transiting in the city. And it's been four times, maybe more I've met him. But everytime, however brief, over tea or a quick dinner, we connect and catch up with one another's lives over the past few months. 

So tonight, for a change he invited me to his shared apartment for dinner, which was Indian food cooked by a neighbour of his. We sort of picnicked in the backyard of his landlord, enjoying the last bits of sun over nice dall and curry, and over nice warm cup of tea. 

It was refreshing, the evening and the company, for it's been over a month since I could really have a heart to heart talk with someone. Not just about what we've been up to, but also our shared interests in biking, the outdoors, as well as the wonders and woes of relationships. 

"Shame you don't live around here," he said just before I left, "Otherwise we could hang out more!" And he commented that perhaps I should move to Vancouver for a change. 

 I'm not sure where my studies or life takes me, if anywhere... But packing and moving across the country to a whole new place? Surely, it's a joke?

 

No comments: