20 December 2010

Goodbyes

Last day here in Montreal for some time to come. I went into the office to say goodbye to my colleagues, to my professor, and to give out holiday cards and gifts. I met a friend for lunch, someone I've not seen for a while, but even in that short period of time we sat together, we reconnected and were both sad that I had to go so abruptly.

Laughing, smiling, chatting and bonding cheerful I may have been, but inside I feel like  I'm leaving behind little pieces of me, and it's difficult to let that go...

Though... let go I must. Let go, turn and walk away. It's that simple.

But it feels strange to know that you don't know when it is you will again step on the same pavements, greet these familiar faces, hug and feel the warmth of dear friends and colleagues, and see the trees that crowd on top of Mount Royal...

No comments: