29 November 2010

Starting again

Just as she told me, mum began her latest chemo treatment. I couldn't really sleep because of things on my mind, so I 'woke up' (actually, just suddenly opened my eyes from one moment of lying down to the next...) early to call her.

She sounded a bit weak already (or maybe I was imagining things??) And it's only the first day of the first dosage of treatment. She probably heard the sadness and concern in my voice, and said this is exactly the reason why she doesn't want to tell anyone, even my brother...

She's well now, but it'll only be a matter of time before the side-effects kick in.
I wish I could be there, just to be with her, to keep her company, and to tell her it'll be alright, even if it doesn't seem like it.

All I could offer were: "Be strong, give yourself strength!"

I hope that is enough... enough to sustain her till I am with her again.

No comments: