09 February 2014

Day nine

Almost day nine since I fell ill, and day six after I started receiving treatment. My head is hurting so badly, and I have difficulty concentrating. When I look at something, like the floor, it seems to shift and move. Dizzying...

Is it the lingering effects of the severe strain of the influenza virus or lingering effects of the medicine that is supposed to kill the influenza virus? I don't know. I know only my body is aching and in great discomfort in ways I have rarely felt before. And yesterday, after the follow-up, the doctor prescribed with with dozens of medicine I have to take to fully eradicate the virus. I am tempted not to take them, as I have this innate resistance against taking pills (I've seen my parents take more than enough pills in their lives........). I am tempted to not take the pills also because I feel I am destroying my body and insides but gulping down all these chemicals and man-made toxins. But what is the alternative? Allow my body to weaken from an illness or from the pills? I just want to get rid of this terrible throbbing headache and physical discomfort that I cannot fully describe let alone pin-point the origin of. 

 Where did the days go? The past ten days in Taiwan have been a haze, composed of sleep, lots of coughing and a stint at the emergency room. Family and relatives have been around me and are concerned about my wellbeing, and especially my auntie (mum's youngest sister) has shown me great hospitality and kindness... 

But this is exactly the kind of moment I miss my parents the most. This is the kind of moment when I wish there were this special someone to care for me and to tell me I will be alright...

No comments: