14 February 2014

Mama...

It was a crowded room full of people (felt like it was my brother's mother-in-law's place...). The tv was blaring, there were a lot of people (who I could not see...) And the noise of chatter. I could not make out what was being said. The tv screen flashed with the news and the opening credits of some tv show. 

I curled up in the corner and closed my eyes. I opened my eyes and saw the tv flash, heard the noise of constant chatter and felt the presence (though could still not see) of a lot of people...

Then I felt a sudden wrenching emotion. I felt a particular presence (or in this case, abnsence...) of one person. I felt the absence of my mother. I felt again, amidst all this noise and in the midst of all these faceless (and "invisible") people, that painful, painful void! 

That painful void!

That besrtwrenching void!

I started to sob uncontrollably. 

"Mama.... Mama....!" I seemed to cry out curled up in the corner. " Mama...!"

I woke up, and with the wretched pain torturing my body, my chest/lung area, I had tears in my eyes.

No comments: