11 February 2014

After the illlness


Over ten days since my fever began. The fever has more or less gone (though I'm having "heat flashes" and occasional outbreaks of sweat...), but the side effects linger. Is it from the meds or from the H1N1? I don't know...

All I know is I'm so tired, so very tired, and my body still aches and pains. And the coughing is almost incessant, like there is an endless irritation in my throat that I cannot get rid of. The more I cough, the weaker I get. Sometimes the coughing is so bad I feel my stomach churning and feel like I'm going to throw up. All the while, my head seems to be spinning and I can hardly focus without my my drifting away and being left in a daze...

I'm in no condition to go anywhere or deal anything. Yet, there are still effects belonging to my late mother I need to sort  through, things I could not deal with because last new year I could not return. My brother and his wife, in a hurry to clear everything out and quickly rent the place out for rent, more or less shipped everything to their mum(-in-law)'s place, which means I need to open boxes and sort things and decide what to do with them. It's like unearthing a grave after the body's long gone and buried.

Not something Im looking forward to, especially not in the condition I am in. I need more rest, more sleep, more healthy food to replenish my battered and exhausted body and spirit.

No comments: