09 August 2013

Picture of a thousand words



I sat on the lakeshore at dawn, and next to me were my two traveling companions. Taiddy, a bear mum gave me a year or so before she passed... Billy, a bear my ex insists I must have with me to act as my "bodyguard". 

They are the closest connection I have to the people I care about most in this world. One is gone, physically gone and can I see her or hear her again. The other is gone too, in many ways, and no longer can I be or act like the natural and completely open person I was before with him. 

I asked a picture to be taken of me sitting there on the lakeshore. surrounded by so much beauty, and I have two inanimate bears with whom I can share my thoughts and feelings. 

The green-blue water was so still, so tranquil. I watched the mountains and snowcaped cliff faces in the distance. Moments earlier, I was on the lake. I could still feel the ripple effects and rocking motions of the canoe.

Things change, sceneries and people change. And I must with time.

No comments: