06 February 2013

Five years

I tried to get ahold of my sister-in-law, but I could not. In the end, I left messages on her phone. "Please tell mum and dad I'm sorry I can't be there..."

They are now on their way to mum and dad's resting place. Even typing that feels so strange. Before it was just dad's resting place... mum is there resting too. It's their resting place...

I know the route there almost off by heart, know that building, the altar, the deities and where dad's remains are kept... I know where mum's remains are kept... I'm not there, for the first time in five years, I am not there to worship dad (and for the first time, mum...)  It feels so sour, and is very difficult

Five years since dad passed away. So much has happened. Too much... Two people who are so dear, so centre to my life, gone...


And I am the one left on this world, let to still stand, left to fight and find my way in life, at this moment more than ever before, feeling crippled and exhausted to even breathe...

No comments: