01 February 2012

Medium

I didn't say a word. Not a single word about who I am or what is wrong with mum.

"Oh, with her, it's very deep." Meaning advanced.

"What do you mean by that?" my friend asked.

"It's in the final stages."

Throughout the conversation I did not say a word. I was half suspicious, half curious. A medium who could know what is wrong with you just through the telephone? A medium who could heal even from afar and know what ails a little girl living in another country, a girl the medium has never ever met before? And now, this medium, just by talking with my friend could know about my mum's condition and where exactly her tumour is?

Believe it or not, there are stranger mysteries and unexplained phenomenon in the world. The medium says the universe has given her a gift, and she just wants to help people, make people live better, fuller lives. She's just a simple peasant who one day discovered she had the ability to know what is affecting someone's health or mind, and she has the ability to somehow 'heal'.

"Don't do any more treatment. She's already terribly weak. Just feel her right hand, there is so little energy left." How could the medium who has never ever met my mother know that? Unless my friend spoke to her before she called the medium...

"Stop taking medicine. It'll reduce her life. At most she has a year, maybe two."

Whatever the explanation, one thing is for sure, there isn't much time left. Mum indeed is very frail, very weak. More treatment, more medicine will eventually kill her, perhaps quicker than the cancer will. As I said to her before, why spent the remaining days of your life in a hospital? Why spend the final stage of your journey on earth facing doctors, facing medical equipment, ad having your life be regulated by chemicals and medicine? Life is more than that, much more than that...

"She should move. It'll prolong her life a little. It's best for her to move." How did the medium coincidentally say something that we were already planning?

The phone conversation ended, and I said nothing except a very faint thank you at the end. I will probably never see this lady ever. I did not pay anything, did not give her anything.

There are signs along the way. Sometimes it's a matter of whether you want to heed them

No comments: