29 January 2012

Another sleepless night

30012012.0216

Two in the morning, and mum is experiencing severe bouts of coughing, making it difficult for her to fall asleep. Just before bed, she threw up, two, three times. Everything I cooked, everything she ate thinking it'll give her a boost of nutrients and restore her energy level, came pouring out of her mouth. It was a sorry and painful sight to bear...

 Already the fifth night that she has been unable to sleep well, and when she does sleep, it's only for a few hours. As I sleep right on the floor next to her bed, I can hear if she's stirring or still awake ( though admittedly, I've been so exhausted I fall sleep through...).

Is it because of her cold, or is it something more fundamental related to her cancer? Throwing up is one of the symptoms of cancer spreading. That and constant fatigue, which she also has, even though she is unable to fall asleep for long. She tells me every time she  coughs, her surgical wounds hurt terribly. So not just the coughing but also her pains are keeping her awake. Painkillers are not working... Or is it because she's not taking them?

Never before, as far as I know, has she used sleep inducers. and today she requested it to be given to her so she can take it before sleep.

But so far, there has been little effect...

No comments: