02 February 2012

Lantern Festival



A full moon hangs in the sky, the first full moon after the lunar new year. Seeing the full moon always reminds me of my first relationship for some reason. Perhaps it because of the shape and brightness of the full moon, a symbol of perfect roundness, of unity and completeness. I sometimes get melancholy when I look up and see the moon, as I did tonight...

There was a song which touched my heart when I was very little. A song about longing and separation. And I heard that song in my head tonight...

 Somewhere out there, under the full moon is someone for me. Imagine that, imagine the magic  and possibility that we could perhaps be looking at the moon at this very moment... In any case, we are sleeping under the same moon, under the same full, bright moon...

Somewhere out there is someone who will one day soothe my tears when they fall, who will touch me when I need comforting, who will hold me when I am weak and down... I just have not met that person yet.

No comments: