11 February 2012

Happy birthday to me

It's my birthday today, at least the one that matters most to my parents. I only have one wish... May all beings be happy and free from pain... Especially my dear, brave mum.




Singer: Wen Lan
Tune: Jay Chou

(translation mine)


I know sadness cannot change anything,
Then let me a little more honest.
Honest, inevitably there are venting that cannot be controlled,
All that can be done is close the door and ignore everyone.

Sitting alone in an empty [KTV] room,
Let the mobile phone rest for a night.
Difficult, [I] want to cut off the song, cut away the images of memories,
Tears cannot flow past midnight.
Happy birthday, I say to myself.
The candle has been lit, loneliness has shone.
Happy birthday, tears have melted too.
I want to thank you for everything you have given, you have taken away.

[I] still love you, with a bit of hate,
[I] still need time in order to balance [it all].
Passionate love, a scarring wound, [must] extinguish everything in order to be reborn.
Happy birthday to me.

No comments: