28 July 2011

friend's child

We met at the beginning of the last year of my studies in london. Because of number of personality traits and life experiences, we became very close, and thanks to him those final days of my studies felt less lonely.

Over the years, though I've moved away, we kept in touch, and I followed news of how he met his wife, how they fell in love and eventually got married. I had the honour of being his best man, but I could not go at the time as I had just started a degree.

Fast forward a few years, six months or so ago, they had their first child together. A beautiful baby of mixed origin, with pale skin and fine oriental features. Everytime I see the pictures of his son, I could feel how proud he was, and how loving the family is.

But behind the scenes, the child has suffered several epilepsy attacks and been in and out of hospital numerous times. I did what little I could, leave him messages of encouragement and hope, send them my well wishes when I meditated.

Today, my friend's profile status stated that the baby stopped breathing numerous time, and may not survive...

A sense of shock and sadness overcame me, but my thoughts turned to my friend and his wife... What they must be feeling...? The depths of worry, agony, hurt and forlorn must be unbearable. And all that my friend has gone through in life, yet another painful and difficult hurdle for him to overcome.

My thoughts are with you, my friend...

No comments: