17 July 2010

Disaster...

That's what my meeting was with this guy.

I thought I was socially awkward, but this person wasn't so much worse. I suspect he has some kind of autism, because he just wasn't 'normal', and kept on ramblings about things he liked and disliked.

It was probably the longest 1.5hrs I had. When I first saw him, I should have turned around and walked away... but I was too 'nice', and wanted to give him a chance. Well, I tried... I really did. Even the fireworks were terrible, because he continued talking about how he liked that explosion, didn't like that explosion...

It just shows... what you read from email communications and chats sometimes don't live up to half what you expect. Deflated, I said I wanted to go home. I said goodbye, and walked away. But deep down inside, I felt sorry for the guy... it's not his fault that he is the way he is, and he too was probably just wanting to find someone to talk to, to be with. Unfortunately that person is not me...

On the ride back, I felt so sad, and looked out the window, staring blankly into the darkness of the tunnel. At that point I felt so lonely. So terribly, terribly lonely, as if I was alone in the world, yet strangely surrounded by people, by couples, by lovers (a lesbian one, right next to me...)

I tried... I really did.

No comments: