11 July 2010

Nap

I closed my eyes for a nap... The humidity and heat is really getting to me. Even though I was born in the tropics, I sort of dread the daytime nowadays... and night isn't much better either.

In my nap, in a dreamlike state of mind I saw myself. A thought flashed by, and I saw myself older, twenty, thirty or maybe even thirty years from now. Old, lost, alone... beset by the same uncertainties and insecurities as I am today. I shook and woke up. I don't want to be like that... I don't want to grow old and bitter and lonely.

I feel like I lack enthousiasm these days. Lack that 'spark' in my brain and body that used to propel me and used to drive me. Somehow that has disappeared, and like a lightbulb, I feel dim and dull in a world full of noise, full of light and colours.

Where or from who can I find inspiration again...?

No comments: