12 July 2010

Summer storm

The wind, strong and stubborn, blew against the window, sending the curtains flying and the door banging wildly. A storm was brewing. I could feel it in the wind, I could sense it in the damp and see the black, black clouds gather behind the leaves. Rain was sure to come down, fast and heavy, and the world would be drenched...

So I grabbed my sandals, put on a light waterproof jacket, and made a dash outside. I felt the rain on my feet, felt the rain wet my legs and feet, and dampen my hair and head. Let it rain, I felt like saying to the sky. Let it rain, and wash away the heat, the confusion and lethargy.

I ran, and it rained more and more. The more it rained, the faster I ran. The streets were deserted, as was the park. I ran on the path through the park, and felt the rain cleanse me thoroughly. Lightning flashed across the dark sky, thunder roared through the air. The sun hid somewhere in the distance, and you could see the storm gradually float overhead. I felt free and happy as I got wetter and wetter. My hair was like a sponge. My feet wet with water, dirty with mud and pebbles. My glasses blurred from the drops of water that ran down the lenses.

Then I had a thought... if lightning is supposed to be laden with positive charges, do people with negative thoughts not attract lightning strikes...?

And I ran.
Then

No comments: