04 May 2010

Vomitting at night


I suddenly woke up because of the noise. Mum was rushing toward the bathroom, deep groaning in her throat, her mouth full of stomach acid and vomit. Though the door was closed, I could hear her throw up, again and again over the toilet bowl, and subsequently try to clean up the mess.

It is happening again. The toxic toxins are having their pleasure at weakening mum’s body and making her sick. If eventually she becomes better, then the temporary torment is worth it… but what if it makes her weaker and weaker, worse and worse? I felt myself tire and begin to feel anxious at the sound of mum vomiting. Tap water rushed down as she tried to rinse her mouth clean and to clean up the mess.

The whole night she did not really sleep, and my own sleep was also disturbed because I wake up a couple of times semi-consciously out of fear that something is up. At one point, her bed was empty and I quickly got up to find her. Turns out she relocated to the living room, and I found her sleeping, snoring a little, lying spreadeagled on the sofa. I wanted to wake up and ask her to go back to bed, but knowing how much trouble she had sleeping, I decided to let her be. The first day of chemo always seems to make her sleepless.

Two more days to go…

No comments: