07 May 2010

Before dad

Just before we left the temple where dad is now located, I sneaked away and went to visit the ancestral plaque. This piece of wood, with inscriptions of our family name is symbolically where my ancestors are supposed to reside in. I knelt before it, and asked for their blessings...

Not for myself, but for my brother, for my mother. Especially for my mother. I asked dad, and all the ancestors, to watch over mum, to take care of her, to protect her from ill and from harm.

I did not ask for her to have a long life; just one that is happy and healthy. I do not need riches or miracles; just that she has less suffering and pain in however many years, or days that she may have... there is little more I ask, and there is little more I need.

I closed my eyes as I prayed for the blessings of my ancestors. I hope they have heard my prayers.

No comments: