07 May 2010

Friday night

Friday night, and home. A friend said I should be out, enjoying myself, enjoying my life, my youth.
Yet I'm home, with mum, who's watching TV and feeling frail.

I don't lament the fact that I'm here, because I choose to be here rather than out there partying till wee hours of morning. But sometimes I do wonder, what am I doing living for someone else, constantly worrying about someone else's wellbeing and happiness... what about my own?

Seeing mum so weak, and occasionally drifting to depression, filled with gloomy thoughts and hopelesssness, I feel so frustrated and distraught...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we all choose to do what we think is the right thing to do.

Com'on, mother's day is just around the corner :)

itchingjo said...

The persons or things that we care are parts of ourselves too. Sometimes it's hard to recognise how much we had born, and could bear, yet it is these things that made us in our lives. A hug.