08 May 2010

Tiredness

Been home a week already, where did the time go?

I don't really sleep well these days. I sleep enough, around seven hours or so every night, and not at too late a time. But my sleep is disturbed, almost constantly by dreams or nightmares, which means I'm not really resting. Plus, because I'm worried about mum's wellbeing, I wake up almost automatically every few hours to check up on her.

This lack of good sleep is manifesting itself in other ways, as I found out when I looked at myself in the mirror after a shower today. There's a bulge, a sort of inflammation under my lower left eye. Like a lump of clot that wasn't there before. I went to a pharmacist, and he diagnosed it almost immediately as lack of sleep. He told me not to sleep too late (which I don't...), and to sleep more (which I do, especially when I try to take a little nap in the afternoon...)

But little does he know when I 'sleep', my mind is racing from place to place, filled with images, sounds and people. Filled with worries, fears and anxieties.

No comments: