04 January 2007

Toys

I know he's not my son. But I love him like I've not loved anyone for a long, long time. And I don't love easily.

After studying today I went into town in the evening. The shops were still open, and I wandered around a bit, into a few department stores. Strangely, I seem to become interested in the baby section, something I never even would have thought or considered visiting. Before Sunny was born that is.

And I wandered into a toy store, stayed there for a while, glancing around, looking at toys. Something I've not done for a long time. I was reminded of the toy I bought Sunny two weeks ago... the one that got stolen, but I managed to buy again. Somehow it didn't matter how much it cost, and even though I spent the money twice, watching him play and enjoy it was worth it. Worth a whole lot more.

I stood at the baby section at the toy store, deep down wondering what I could get him next.

Deep down, thinking he deserves what I did not have.

No comments: