01 January 2007

New year's day


It's the new year. What have I been doing since 2007 begun?

At home, alone, working.

Midnight came and went last night. I meditated just before the stroke of 12, hoping to calm my mind and send good thoughts to the rest of the world. To be honest, listening and reading to the news, about all the bloodshed, destruction and death the world appears pretty hopeless. But every little bit of good and kind thought counts, I guess. Or at least I hope.

Compared to what I was feeling and wrote last year, this year really hasn’t started off too well.
Still in a low, lazy mood at the moment, and my study plans aren't going all that well. For some reason when I do something my heart is not there, and keeps wandering, keeps evading reality, even though the reality is that the exam and paper is in less than a week's time. The last time I had exams right after the so-called 'holidays' was in high school... so this really needs getting some used to again. And looking out the window this evening I realise it's a full moon. Maybe that's why I've been feeling down...





No comments: