22 November 2013

Approaching Yul

221113.1331
Plane is descending slowly. Overcast skies, 4C. 22 November 2013. The day I land in Canada (pending approval by the border agent...). 

I do not know how to describe my Feelings at this very moment. The other that, while I was packing to go on this trip, I picked up mum and dad's picture. I felt this pain. I have dreamed of this day, the day I can bring my mum here and for her to live the rest of her life in relative peace and beauty. It was something I wanted, the real reason why I rented a two bedroom apartment. But she has gone already. Just me now, only me landing by myself.

At the same time, there is this joy. Two years of waiting and finally it is going to happen. finally, I get the official endorsement that I belong, that I am welcome.

No comments: