14 September 2013

Parents

I saw my parents together again...
They came to visit me together, just the way they would visit me when I was living in Europe by myself through much of my teenage years. 

It was so exciting to see them after such a long time, so happy to be reunited with family again. But of course they were exhausted from the jetlag, so they napped...

I walked around cautiously around the house, afraid to wake them. I watched them sleep, and it was such a beautiful sight seeing them lie there peacefully... 

Before, every Saturday I went to study mandarin, and whenever my parents were around they would want to go with me. In the dream, I woke them up in time to go. I went to wake mum first, then dad...

I watched them slowly stir from their sleep. 

I cried.

I miss them both so terribly. 
So terribly.

The only people in life who ever really understood me, who cared for me and loved me unconditionally... They only appear in my dreams at night now, and though they are unable to say anything to me, they somehow are perhaps trying to remind me that I am loved, and that I am cared about from afar...

I don't know how long I can go on hurting and plagued by dreams and longing like this. I don't know...

No comments: