23 September 2013

Mum and cat

I was just talking about her, my lovely cat. I don't think I appreciate her enough and take her for granted too much...

I was just saying how she brings people together with her quirkiness, her cuteness, her soft fur and beautiful, beautiful colours...

Perhaps the most touching scene was when my  mum, at the end of a three week visit and stay with me in my apartment, bent down to stroke my cat and bid her farewell.

 Who would have known that would be the last time mum saw my cat in person? Later in the two year or so mum would see the cat on Skype often. mum also saw my cat who took on the alter persona, a cat with kind, wise soul who could write and give out good health advice like: "Eat well and exercise!"; "take good care!"; "go out and you'll feel better"! In the photo slideshow mum's funeral, my cat also had a picture of two, for she was/is a great part of life and a source of strength during times of weakness and struggle.

Sutty, my lovely, how you have touched so many hearts and brought so many people together...


No comments: