30 January 2013

Karma...


He was such a lovely dog... beautiful dark blond fur, big brown eyes, and he would lick me all over the place whenever I approached. We spent hours together, sometimes him just lying by my feet and me patting him gently  on his back or rubbing his belly.

He passed away recently.

I did not ask when, did not dare ask. He was a special dog, Karma ("cause and effect"). He was, we suspect, badly abused and neglected and one day someone just dumped him in front of the gate to the monastery in the mountains.  The monk took him him, cared for him, and realised perhaps he suffered from  a mental problem. He would walk in a funny way, walk as if he could not hold his head up, like he was lacking in confidence and down. But when he got close, he would look up and lick you, jump on you, give you affection as if you were the only thing that mattered in the world.

He passed away due to a heart worm infection.  For several weeks he had been agitated and whining, but there was little that could be done. The monk said he was by his side when Karma passed away. He was very quiet, it was as if he knew it was coming, death, and he was prepared. He just lay there and peacefully left this world.

I was stunned to hear the news. He was my favourite out of three (originally four...) dogs. Now there is only one left...

Rest in peace, Karma... thank you for giving me warmth and feelings of love. Thank you...


No comments: