06 August 2012

Restaurant

07082012.1912

Brother choked on his tears as he mentioned how he and mum went to the restaurant together sometime last year. It would be his last time with mum. "We sat over there..." he said and pointed to a table behind us.

"And I sat with mum there," I said as I pointed to the table next to the one he pointed to. Last time mum and I went there was in February. Just after a visit to the hospital in southern Taipei, I believe it was after a routine check up after her CyberKnife treatments. I mentioned the Thai restaurant as it was on our way home. Mum agreed to go. And surprisingly she ate quite a bit, even though she had been vomiting for some time already.

Tonight I suggested to brother to go to the same restaurant, knowing fully well that the place has a special place in our hearts. Mum brought us there first over ten years ago. We fell in love with Their shrimp pancake and water crest with shrimp paste. These are two dishes we order every time we frequent the restaurant. And we ordered the same dishes today as well. A tribute to mum, in a way.

Mum was on both our minds.
Mum is on both our minds...


No comments: