07 August 2012

Deleted

07082012.2321

I dragged my feet and only at the very last moment did I press "delete".

Deleted were all her personal data, her email account, her Facebook account and her skype account. Deleted were all the music I uploaded onto the pad for her, music that would make her calm and less bored at the hospital, music that would send her to sleep.
Deleted were the pictures I uploaded onto her pad to remind her of just a little bit of what wonderful trips she made throughout her life time.

Deleted was all trace of mum, as If she never existed. Deleted forever, never to be retrieved. Gone.

I touched the screen gently, and closed my eyes... She once swiped her fingers across the same screen. She once scrolled up and down Facebook pages of her grandchild... She once looked into the camera and smiled and smiled as she video chatted with my brother and his family...

I bought the pad for her, especially for her. But now she's gone, what use is this pad now? I have no use for it, even though I remember at the time when I bought it for her (really, it was for her...) I told her I would take it with me when she no longer needs it (so she wouldn't nag about how I'm wasting money...). Now she no longer needs it, and I have no use for it. Looking at it, using it would only bring back painful, painful memories...

So I sold the pad.

No comments: