30 August 2012

Departure from TPE

30082012.0931

I could not keep from crying. Seeing my brother and his family's plane taxi toward the runway, I felt this strong and sudden aching rise. I watched as their slick 777 gradually made the dash down the runway. I cried more as their plane took off and gradually disappeared into the clouds.

Coincidence made his plane and my plane depart within ten minutes of one another. I watched him take off, and perhaps he sat there in his plane and watched my plane trail right behind his. Two brothers, brought together back in their home country due to the passing of their mother, and now leaving in opposite directions.


I could not help from crying as the plane budged and slowly taxied backwards. The beginning of a journey on my own. Images of mum flashed before my eyes. I felt the loss and pain again. Such terrible loss and pain...

The beginning of a journey on my own. The journey of life...

No comments: