10 May 2012

Return to ER

I called home almost as soon as I got up. Brother didn't want to tell me, but he did anyways. "Mum went back to te hospital today. The bile juices are flowing out."

It's serious. It means the tube they inserted into the intestines in an attempt to lead the flow of bile naturally out of the body is not working. Perhaps the tumour is compressing on the tube too much that the flow is restricted.

Mum sounded tired, and she said she was tired. She went to ER, and was transferred immediately to the 11th floor where she had been staying all this time. They put the bile collecting pouch back on, so she will have to walk around with that now, until another solution can be found. But I suspect there is no other solution...

The conversation ended. Mum told me to study hard, and wished me good morning. I wished her goodnight.

When her voice vanished, everything else, her condition, her illness, her pouch, her smell, the warmth of her body seemed so far away.

I am so far away...

No comments: