06 May 2012

Cam on rat nhieu!

06052012.2240


I placed a little note, quietly and clandestinely in the carer's pillow when she was not looking. I looked up the words I wanted to express online.

"Cam on rat nhieu!" (accents are missing!)

She was surprised and smiled when she saw my note. She asked who put that there, and I admitted it was me.

"Thank you so much," I said to her, as I gently placed my hand on her shoulder, "Thank you for taking care of my mum."

It came from my heart, which in seeing her at work around the house over the past two days is filled with indescribably gratitude. This morning, she walked up to mum's bed and smiled so brightly and told mum to get up in an energetic and motivating voice. "Auntie, get up and exercise!" she said, and waved her arms around to demonstrate how to train the flexibility of the arms and hands. Later, when mum mentioned she wanted to eat pho, she went out and tried to get all the necessary ingredients and made a light and very appetising chicken pho soup. Seeing mum eat a bowl of it without throwing up filled my heart with joy and gratitude to the girl (she's around my age).

"Don't you worry! Just go back and work hard, and call home often!" she said to me.

"I will," I said, and deep down I was thinking that perhaps I'll be calling too often! Twice, thrice a day!





No comments: