20 May 2012

Resting place

I woke up to a picture my brother sent me. Picture of mum's final resting place. I immediately called home and spoke to them for a while.

Mum I spoke to only briefly. Perhaps it's mr imposing meaning, but she sounded... content and calmer than before. She told me about her day out, how she was in my uncle (her brother's) new suv and how it wasn't as bad a journey as she imagined, for the new car was comfortable
and she could lie down and rest.
They drove to two places, and decided to settle at the same urn tower where dad's remains are kept.

"It's a good location, with good energy. I feel more at ease now that this has been decided..." Again, there was a hint of contentment in mum's voice. Contentment which I hope will last and shield her from whatever ordeals she must face in the coming period.

Brother filled me in on the rest. I listened most of the time, listened and imagined what the place looks like. I can imagine fairly well, for four years ago when dad passed away, we went looked around the same facility for a while before deciding on a place for him. So I know what the sixth, top, floor of the building looks like.

I listened and closed my eyes as brother told me about how their day was, and later how he got mum's will out of the deposit box because she'd like to make some changes. It's very heavy to deal with, and I had to lie down again and compose myself before starting my day. Again, there was a deep sense of and sense of alienation surrounding this all. I am here, half way around the world, while over there important things are ring decided.

What is my contribution to this all? Is all I must do now just go and attend the funeral...?

No comments: