26 May 2012

Losing her taste

Mum sounded so weak on the phone today. It was just past eleven in the morning, and she said her cousin had just left after visiting briefly. The cousin came to chat with her a little bit, and when she realised mum was tired, she left.

Mum revealed she did not feel well. "My taste is going, and I have little appetite..." That is worrying, because she's already so thin, so frail when I last saw her, and she told me last weeks she lost even more weight. If she has little appetite, how is she going to get her strength back...?

She said she vomited a couple of times yesterday. More than usual. Mostly stomach juices, but also when she ate. It sent a pang of shock down my spine. Is it already so soon? Is it already as the doctor predicted...?

"If there's anything, I'll let you know..." mum said weakly.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nothing, we'll let you know..."

There is something. Brother wasn't around to talk to, so I couldn't know what was wrong. But something is up.
"Just go to sleep, it's late..." mum said.

Before I could say anything else, she hung up the phone.

Something is up...

No comments: