03 July 2011

dream

An empty hotel room, all by myself. I know the place, somewhere downtown in Montreal. What I was doing there I did not know, but I had just woken up, and was wearing a suit that I did not bother to take off going to bed, so it was all wrinkled when I woke up.

I was alone, but someone else was in the room before, though the person had already left, leaving a terrible mess behind. Clothes everywhere, pieces of paper, rubbish all over the floor. The tv was on, quietly reporting the day's news... Wars, diseases, criminals, natural disasters.

I got up and went near the window. Looking down atthe street below I realised I was in Montreal. The sights appear so familiar, and yet all so foreign. I looked at myself in the mirror, smiled, or tried to smile. There was a scent in the air, perhaps of whoever had left in a hurry earlier before I woke up. I looked at myself in the mirror, and I heard myself say out loud: "Be happy! Whatever happens, nobody can take away your happiness!"

The last moment of the dream, I saw myself crouched down on the floor, cleaning up the mess, bit by by. On my face was the look if contentment, of gentle calm, while the tv continued to transmit images of chaos and violence...

No comments: