18 July 2011

Change

A friend came over tonight, and we chatted and caught up on one another's lives over the past two months.

I unloaded what has been on my mind a lot... the constant struggle trying to reconcile events that have been unfolding in my life. "Change," my friend told me, "Sometimes it is best to make changes to your life." Change your perspective on things, do new things, meet new friends and leave the past behind. Dwelling on things will not help, for I have so much to live for, I have so much potential. And my duty is to my own happiness, to my own wellbeing, which I often neglect in my willingness to be there and offer myself to others.

Focus on the big picture, on the long term perspective, on the happy things in life that are unfolding. Change, for the better.

No comments: