02 March 2011

En route to YUL


I caught a last glimpse of the plane that would fly in the opposite direction towards Taipei, whereas I was sitting in a plane about to take off and fly eastward toward Montreal. Sometimes situations and circumstances in life make you wonder whether things can  merely be dismissed as coincidences, or are coincidences trying to make you think and smile at symbolism of it all.

A few hours of sleep later, I woke up to the dark sky outside my little window dawning on the horizon. A faint sliver of orange at first, the day eventually triumphed over the darkness, revealing a vast cold, snow-covered land beneath that is enchantingly beautiful and boundless.

In the final dozens of minutes before landing in Montreal, I’m in a strange pensive mood. It has been a long, long trip home, and finally I am almost there, almost in my own home, almost back to the place I left in a hurry, and with apprehension and fear, some two months ago. Much of the fear and apprehensive has subsided now, at least at this moment. But the tiredness from the travels, as well as worries at the back of my mind about mum’s latest treatment, has sapped a lot of the initial enthousiasm of return out of me.

 Slowly, slowly, I must pick up my life, and gradually work on my life, or at least try to bring an end to all the things I began or make a start to the things I planned to do.

Clear skies ahead, and we’re due for a smooth, gradual descent.




No comments: