27 February 2011

Tears

As I couldn’t sleep, I got out of bed, and started to meditate. The sky was just dawning, and there was the soft breathing of my friend sleeping in the background.

For various moments, there was nothing (much) in my mind but my own in-and-out breath. All of a sudden, out of nowhere flashed a memory of my mum and I, and then came a flood of memories of the past two months we spent together.

A stream of tears unexpectedly flowed, and dropped with a  muffled sound against the pillow I was sitting on.  I could not explain the emotions, or why I suddenly started crying, for the very first time since I got on the plane and left for Canada.

The trigger was not sad memories or worries, even though they lingered in the background. The main triggers were actually scenes and images of happy moments, of smiles, of beautiful moments mum and I shared together. such moving, touching moments together, that no one except us experienced, that no one else will ever be able to feel or appreciate the extent of.

Happiness can make you cry, I realise again. 

No comments: