23 July 2007

"Why does it always rain on me?"




Why does it always rain on me?
Is it because I lied when I was seventeen?
Even when the sun is shining
I cant avoid the lightning.


Cycling home tonight after a farewell dinner with friends who are leaving.
Rain...
Rain...
Rain...

In the afternoon, while I was out and about at the big funfair, it was just a light drizzle, nothing to be worried about, and actually one of my favourite kind of weather. I love that feeling when little rain drops hang on your eye lashes, and your world becomes a little blurry. I love that feel when the little rain falls and clings to your forehead and cheeks.

But tonight was just pouring, pouring, pouring with rain. And cycling makes it seem so much worse, not just because you drove into puddles in the road, but because cars splash all over you at high speeds! My jacket, trousers, shoes and socks were completely wet. And my woolen scarf, yes scarf I'm using at the end of July, was just soaked...

I cycled as quickly as I could to get home, but it seemed at every stoplight I had to stop. So got even more wet from waiting. And even wetter from cars passing by. Then, I realised... why am I hurrying? It's not as if the quicker I get home, the quicker I'm going to dry! Why not enjoy the rain?

And so I did.

I let the rain soak my clothes even more than it already it, let my shoes become completed drenched in water, let my jeans soak so much it was heavy and stuck to my skin.

Rain... rain... let it fall!

No comments: