27 July 2007

Disappointing

You look forward to it the whole week... No, actually you look forward to it since you found out it was taking place. You invite a bunch of your friends to join you, thinking it would be a great night out. They promise they'd come, and say how much fun it would be.

Then it starts to blow storm-like winds.
Then none of your friends show up.

Now, that's disappointing...

I rushed towards the beach as the night started to fall. It was pretty windy, and at times I couldn't cycle forwards, however much I pedaled. And as soon as I got to the beach, it was quite busy, lots of people walking around... families, couples, and groups of friends too. No one I knew.

I walked around a little, watching the large waves bash against the seashore. Then suddenly from the speakers on the beach boulevard:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are sorry to announce that the planned fireworks are cancelled due to strong winds...."
Like a weight suddenly tied to my heart, it sunk. Why? Why? Why?

I wandered around a bit... and suddenly felt so alone on that busy boulevard. Usually I'd take a walk on the beach, and clear my mind, but I just turned around and went home, cycling as fast as I could, speeding down the road like a mad person, getting out all my frustrations.

Soon I was home again, petting my cat, and sitting in my little room.

No comments: