24 July 2007

Cruise


Cycling home, close to one in the morning. Air was nipy, but fresh. I sped along the cyclepath which skirted on the edge of the forest. The famous Hague Forest (Haagse Bos), where the Queen lives...
and where the 'queens' cruise.

I have no problem with people having fun between the trees in the pitch dark. But as I cycled past, two men appeared from the bushes and turned to look at me. Smiling. Smirking. Winking.
One was pretty butch, had a bolding head, and thick mustache, and must have been wearing leathery pants and an army uniform jacket. The other was shorter, and thinner, but had this drunk lusty look on his face.

I qucikly turned away, and cycled faster, thinking I should have taken the longer route, instead of gone 'cruising' along the more scenic route home. Trees flashed by quickly as my feet peddled and peddled. In the darkness and between the trees there suddenly seemed to be monsters lurking around, and I got a little frightened. There was noone around, and I felt a shiver, and I knew it wasn't because of the cold.

No comments: