09 March 2007

Party


2am. Tipsy.

Just managed to travel one hour on the train and cycle home without having an accident. When you're under the influence of alcohol everything seems to be happening so fast, but your reaction slows. I'm one of these people who can drink and drink, but never feel sick or throw up. And I'm one of these people who drinks, gets tipsy, and a little quiet... perhaps even philosophical.

It was a birthday part I just attended... actually birthday celebration for three people who had their birthdays one after another recently. So in fact, the three of them and me are all the same starsign. And coincidentally one of them is born on the exact same day, month and year as me.
Never ever met anyone before who has the same birthday... so it was quite something.

But then we're so different people. He's more outgoing, and looks more mature and seems so together, whereas I'm so shy, a little naive, and so full of doubts and uncertainties and insecurities. I mean at the party there were around twenty people or so, but even so I felt somewhat lonely. Not that I didn't talk to anyone, but even when you talk to someone and meet new people, there's still this feeling of loneliness inside, which is so contradictory of all the noise and all the chattering and laughter on the outside.

I left a little earlier, perhaps even the first to leave. But early was already 1am, and I had to rush to the station to catch the train home, or else must be stuck at the station for one whole hour. As I walked out the door, into the cold, clear night with stars shining brightly in the sky above, I felt a little relieved.

In the distance the sound of people's voices and music continued, as I cycled into the silence and dark of the night.

No comments: