10 January 2007

Spur

After work today I was tired, and it was pouring with rain. Quickly went to the market to get some veggies, since the fridge is pretty much empty. Walked between the stalls, and my shoes and trousers became completely drenched, and I felt pretty miserable on the bus ride home.



But just as I got out of the bus the sky had miraculously cleared. Above and around me was an amazing sunset, a canvas of purple and pink, one I've not seen for a while. Suddenly I got the urge to go to the beach, so after putting everything down I grabbed the bike and sped toward the sea, hoping to catch that last glimpse of the sun before it sunk into the sea.

It was a struggle against the wind, though there was no more rain. The wind was strong, and resisted, but I was stronger, and zigzagged forward, and onwards. But by the time I got to the beach, it had pretty much become dark... just that last trace of the dying day were left in little puntures in thick, thick clouds that were blowing in from the sea, and looming.

I stood on the empty beach, disappointed, and felt the gusts of wind laugh at me.

But still... I triumphed over it and cycled home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures still look very nice .. (:

And biking to the beach and just walking there a bit seems great anyway! I wish I lived close enough ..

Though I have a park next to where I live, that's good too. (:

Huh, and you don't like rain? I always smile when it's raining and just tell myself there's nothing to do about it so I'll just have to enjoy it instead. *Nods*

Formosa said...

Yeah, it's beauty in a storm! What a day it's been heh?

I guess the rain doesn't bother me much either, but when you're feeling a little down, it doesn't help to be walking around in wet shoes and socks... : )