23 June 2015

Train southbound

I look out the window and watch another town, another city flashes by in streams of light. With no particular object in gaze, my mind drifts and wanders... And I suddenly see my own reflection in the window. Is that me? Is that me now? Have I aged and mellowed with the years? How long has it been...?
On the high speed train southbound, an or so an hour or so after arrival. Tired, but not overly so, at least not yet. For the first time ever, I'm heading to the monastery in the mountains as the first thing I'm doing after arriving here. Where else would I go? A hotel? A friend's or relative's place? It feels strange, it does, but how fortunate I am to be welcomed somewhere, where they are expecting me with open arms.
Start of a quick four day trip, leaving Sunday bound for Australia. Before that, I still have three lectures to prepare for, and a ceremony that I still need to plan and coordinate.
Everything seems to be happening so fast I can hardly make sense of it all.

No comments: