18 February 2014

Sleepless in Taipei

Midnight. I left the hotel that I was sharing with my brother and his family. I could not sleep, and from the experience last night, its unlikely I'd get any sleep.

Brother's snoring is really bad. It's so loud and so irritating, like a machine that needs oiling, badly. I know he snores. I've experienced it  first hand on family holidays (something he probably inherited from mum...), and also those days he was ay home and staying in the living room. But I'm also somewhat concerned by it, for it seems to cause him discomfort, at least from what I can hear. It seems to get worse with age. So bad even ear buds (yes, I went to stay with them prepared....) did not help block out the noise. I told him he should go someone about the problem. I asked his wife if it bothered her, but she says she's used to it and doesn't mind much.

So at midnight I decided to venture out into the streets of Taipei. I hailed a taxi and made my way to my cousin's. Lucky she was still awake and could offer me refuge for the night-- a night I need a good sleep to prepare for the big day tomorrow.

No comments: