24 October 2013

I got it!

Finally, after over two years into the process, when I applied to stay in Quebec, and then applied to immigrate to Canada, I got the letter...

Confirmation of Permanent Residence!

My initial thought was to share this joy with my mum... For it was a month or so before she passed away that I started the final process. And she was happy when I finally made that step after years of waiting and putting it off-- mainly because her condition had been so unstable.

But I did it, and waited and waited and waited for over 17 months till this day. 15 October 2013, when the federal government of Canada issued me this statement.

Now I need to leave the country and re-enter to get the PR itself. Shame I just came back from the Netherlands, for it would have been a very meaningful return from there to here...

Finally, the wait is over.

No comments: