23 August 2013

Strange dream

I woke up and felt so sick. After a quick breakfast I just had to lie down again because I felt so dizzy and unwell...

I was not alone in my sleep. I saw myself with someone, and it was so lovely. I think I have forgotten what it feels like to hold someone and be held, it's been far too long... Far far too long...

I don't know what happened, but the dream changed quickly, and I found myself in a home somewhere. It was such a strange place because I felt so at home there, even though I've never seen the place. Then, out of nowhere, mum appeared.

She was just as I remembered her, before illness crippled her and confined her to bed, before cancer made her so painfully thin, like someone interned at Auschwitz... She smiled at me, and came to me. She hugged me.

I woke up crying. 


No comments: