11 January 2012

Jetlag?


11012012
02.13

I closed my eyes and rested temporarily on my feet as the elevator took us up to the sixth floor.

Brother's voice woke me and took me back to reality. "Are you tired?"

"I'm alight..." But I was tired. The back of my head is aching, and I felt dizzy, faint. Another twelve hour shift at the hospital, almost home...

"Are you over the jetlag? Did you have time to get over the jetlag?" he asked.

"I went straight to the hospital," I said. After landing some thirteen days ago, I rushed straight there, and put my suitcase and bags next to mum's hospital bed, where they remained for the next eighteen hours before I has the chance to take everything home. I would return to the hospital three, four hours later. For the coming ten days or so, I would stay in the hospital for up to sixteen hours, on some days even for the entire day (meaning twenty four hours...)

Did I have  time to get over the jet lag? I'm not sure. Time is what I did not have for myself over the past two weeks or so. I just slept, exhausted and collapsed every night when it is  time to sleep...

Did i have to to get over the jet lag? What a question... Perhaps the answer is why am I now wide awake at two thirty in the morning?

No comments: