23 December 2011

Snowstorm

Braving snow and ice, I left my apartment at midnight twenty, hauling a huge purple suitcase. I' coughing badly, and have a headache, and just want to go sleep... But I'm on my way...

 Why do I do this? For a friend. And because it's probably one of the few nights i can surprise him so.

There are reasons why I shouldn't do this... For one, I don't feel comfortable sleeping at his place any more ever since he said he's "seeing someone". I just cannot relax fully knowing perhaps in the same bed my ex has been having intimate relations with another... I just don't want expose myself to more hurt, more heart ache than necessary...

And after all the help I've offered my friend, he wrote me a message today saying  I've only been there to help with the exciting fun of setting up a new home, but not there to help him with the difficult task of taking his old home apart... It hurt to hear that from him, because I've really tried and tried so hard to help him in whatever way, despite having been terribly busy (and terribly sick still) myself. But I guess he's just frustrated at the million and one things he has to do before leaving and moving away.

So here I am on the metro, on my way to his place. Purely to help a friend in need, a friend who is desperate for any help. I don't expect anything, and with the many things that are going through my ex's mind right, this little gesture may seem insignificant. But I'd do anything to help, and to show that I care.

No comments: