15 July 2011

crying...

Mum's plane flew over my head. I knew it was her plane, it was the same airline, the same 777 widebody, and I've been checking the airport departure information, and it was around twenty minutes after the plane left the gate at 17.56hrs.

I don't know why it was so much harder seeing that plane fly over me, climb higher and higher and fly quicker and quicker abd further and further away... I could not control my tears. Seeing that plane, knowing mum is on board that very plane and really leaving, not knowing when I will see her again, was so difficult to digest. I felt my heart waver, and huge tears just plopped down on the park picnic table I was sitting on.

I have been through so many farewells at airports growing up. At one point I stopped crying. I thought I had grown up and that the tears have dried, or that I've stopped caring so much.

But somehow I started crying when that plane fly over me and disappeared into the vast blue, blue sky... Somehow, I feel so lonely inside and am crying still...



No comments: