07 June 2011

Feud

Is there not enough suffering already in the world to discourage us from causing more suffering? Aren't there enough troubles and worries in our lives to not want to pile more on, on yourself and on others?

Yet, we as human beings all seem to have an attraction to complicated matters, an attraction to people and hints that we attach to but cannot let go of, even though we know in the end it'll only add to our suffering, create more misery.

I see it in my own life, and in the lives of others around me. This is what we do, this is the level of intelligence we have, and often we cannot jump out of it, we cannot let go. But like mud, the more you grasp onto it, the more you will lose it through your fingers... The same with life, and it's worries... The more you want to be in control, the less you are in control of.

Even being away at the monastery, trying go calm myself, trying to find some peace and quiet away from my usual life, I find my mind disturbed by thoughts and imaginations, fears and inner chatter. Worse still, even being in a tranquil setting, surrounding by the company and wisdom of a monk, the outside world can so easily reach within and disturb my mind so quickly and violently.


A family feud erupted this evening, and I was caught in the middle, even though I am so far from it all, and fins myself trying to call people to explain and placate their feelings. All this happened as I just got up from a quite sitting session, and it is amazing how quickly the mind can shift gears and perceptions from one moment to the next.

Really, just let go of things... Just let things be and run their natural course until it wanes and dies, as everything will do, because that is he nature of this world and everything that exist in it.

Try not to be so hard in yourself, and push yourself, frustrate yourself. Instead take the Middle Path, of moderation, of neither guilt or rejoicing, blame or praise. Things are the way they are, and they will change. People are the way they are, and they will change. all feelings are the way they are, and they too will change...

No need to worry and torture yourself, have an agitated and frustrated mind, when in the end there is so little you can do to change the world the way and people are...

No comments: